Monday, August 1, 2011

Estephano Monday

I think everyone was excited for the high ropes along with the other activities that some of the OSU staff had awaiting for us. The morning started out with a good mile run, which got me very tired since I pack up with the tacos and not the salads or gym. Finally, after a couple hours with our facilitators and our daily activities we headed to the challenge course. Entering the field where the high ropes were located, I started with excitement then towards the moment when we started putting our gear on and I felt like not moving forward with the rest. I then remembered what our facilitators said to us, which was that sometimes you have to get out of your comfort zone and take a risk or you will probably regret not doing something you wanted.















The moment came and I had put my gear on and was
already in line waiting to test out the high ropes. It was
no time to say no because I was already heading up the
ladder. Heading up the ladder towards the first high
rope with the log was the first thing I had to try,
it looked the safest but it wasn't.

2 comments:

omli student said...

You did an awesome job yesterday, I really hope you had fun. Its exciting to read that you were not sure if you wanted to go up on the high ropes. Honestly you looked like a "natural," it seemed as though you had done it before.

Jose

omli student said...

Like Jose said, I would have never thought that you double guessed yourself once you were up on the high ropes course. I'm glad to hear that you might have taken something to heart from our talks in class and taken the risk to jump in order to learn something new about yourself. You looked like a professional acrobat (not the Adobe kind either) and encouraged some of the shy students to take the plunge. Whether they told you or not. You are an incredible asset to our group and I hope to get to know you even better by the end of the week.

Jessica

Post a Comment